Wednesday, July 3, 2013

C4T #3

For this assignment I have been assigned Wesley Fryer. Wesley Fryer is a digital learning consultant, author, digital storyteller, educator and change agent. He has taught many grade levels from elementary education up to higher education. He is a Google Certified Teacher and an Apple Distinguished Educator. He lives in Oklahoma City where he works helping integrating technology into classrooms.

The first blog post I read was "Changing Our Vocabulary as Technology Integration Coaches."

In this post, Mr. Fryer discusses the use of "techy terms." He says in this post that it is easy to intimidate or confused someone with these terms when it comes to educational technology. He says we should avoid these terms and using a different way to say words such as blog, can help open minds to new possibilities. The picture below should explain it all.
Image of Wesley Fryer's poster for changing vocabulary for technology integration.

I posted a comment saying that I enjoyed reading this post. I said that everyone should be changing their vocabulary because I, like many other people do not know all the internet and technology lingo. I wrote as a future educator, I think that using these words would be helpful when talking to parents about what we are doing in class. It is a better way to communicate without the confusion.

The second blog post I read was "Learning About Google Fusion Tables."
In this post he discusses "Google Fusion Tables." They allow the ability to connect information to geographic locations. He had an opportunity to learn more about them in 2011 and last week at a conference he found some more information on Google Fusion Tables. Fusion Tables can be created in Google Drive to quickly map data or information. He says that he would like to learn more about Google Fusion Tables.

I posted a comment saying that I have never heard of Google Fusion Tables until I read that post. I think that they are interesting and would be good to use in a science lesson or project. From what I read in his post, I think that they would be good to use for students to keep data for a project. I then wrote that I still do not know much about them but I would like to learn more. For some reason they are very interesting to me.

3 comments:

  1. Are you ready to teach our class about Google Fusion Tables?

    Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all.

      I have played with the program a little and all I know is that it is used to plot information on a map.

      Delete
  2. Paula,

    Google Fusion Tables sounds like a cool science experiment or like a term from Star Trek. Very interesting. You have sparked my interest and now I must go access the Google Fusion Tables. Beam me up Scotty!

    ReplyDelete